[CentOS] Perl Libraries

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sun Feb 12 00:05:36 UTC 2012

On 02/12/2012 12:52 AM, Rob Kampen wrote:
> On 02/12/2012 12:43 PM, Rob Kampen wrote:
>>> did you check the rpmforge.repo configuration?
>> yeah, seems identical to another x86_64 server that is working just fine.
>> The server with the problem is a rebuild and used to be a i386.
>> Thus there is history on the system that is i386 - but the OS, rpm, yum,
>> apache, php etc are all x86_64 and as mentioned, there is no problem
>> pulling files from the CentOS repos - I did need to change
>> /etc/rpm/platform to get these working and wondered if rpmforge has a
>> similar place it goes to, to determine the arch??
> Okay - it seems the centos mirrorlist repos use $basearch which comes
> from the /etc/rpm/platform file and rpmforge uses $arch which comes from??

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/19701/yum-how-can-i-view-variables-like-releasever-basearch-yum0:

$arch This will be replaced with your architecture as listed by
os.uname()[4] in Python.

$basearch This will be replaced with your base architecture in yum. For
example, if your $arch is i686 your $basearch will be i386.

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/sec-Using_Yum_Variables.html

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)