[CentOS] Ways To Practice Breaking My System?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Tue Feb 21 15:51:00 UTC 2012

On 02/21/2012 04:00 PM, Warren Young wrote:
> - Build and install some needed driver from source, yum upgrade
> repeatedly, implicitly upgrade kernel, forget to rebuild the driver
> against the new kernel, reboot, boom.

Use ElRepo repository for drivers. They use kmod so it works on new
kernel without recompilation, just works. kmod is based on
symlinks/weak-updates.

If there is something ElRepo does not have, and it is open source, they
will be happy to include it. Even if it is proprietary, they could build
you spec (+ instructions ) for kmod package.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...