[CentOS] Please I'd like to install 2 websites on my un managed VPS on CentOS6

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 19:21:42 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Wuxi Ixuw <w7u64xi7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please suggest a one as I am keep goggling and all result bring books
> dealing with linux as a real server and not a vps.

The difference is only in how much the hosting system forces you to
use certain images and versions, which will likely vary with the
vendor.  Books on security are always out of date anyway.   The system
security business is very specialized - plan on spending a lot of
either time or money if you are going to do anything out of the
ordinary.  But, unless you have something unique and valuable to
attack, you mostly have to worry about known exploits on the platform
you use, and the main thing you can do about it is to keep your
software updated so you get the fixes as soon as they are available.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com