[CentOS] Is there a way to _remove_ dependencies from an RPM built from source?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 20:37:24 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Michael Lampe
<lampe at gcsc.uni-frankfurt.de> wrote:
> Frank Cox wrote:
>
>> Edit the dependency list to suit.
>
> Maybe I was too dumb to properly explain it:
>
> The Intel stuff is there implicitly. And it _is_ needed. Both for
> building and then running.
>
> But it's not registered with rpm by Intel!
>
> So I _can_ build, but the resulting RPM cannot be installed -- if not
> forced. (No problems then as everything _is_ there.)
>
> The compromise I see is removing these explicit dependencies. They are
> fulfilled, but not formally available.

I haven't tried this, but I would expect it to be possible to build a
dummy package that claims to supply the dependency you need (which
might itself depend on whatever the intel package does claim to
provide, or just check and print an error message if it doesn't see
the files in the right place).

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com