[CentOS] Centos 6.x and Freenx issue..

Tom Bishop

bishoptf at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 03:34:41 UTC 2012

Finally got a chance to install Centos 6.x x86_64 version and having an
issue with the latest version of freenx.  This is a desktop install on a
esxi 5 with all updates and only thing I have installed is the latest
vmware tools.  When I enable the extras repo and install the
nx-3.5.0-1.el6.ay.x86_64.rpm and freenx-0.7.3-8.el6.ay.x86_64.rpm.  When I
try to logon the desktop pops up but I get the little busy circle and it
never completes, I am unable to close the session or do anything to the
freenx window.  Here is the odd, part, if I install the earlier versions
from toracat, freenx-0.7.3-7.el6.ay.x86_64.rpm and
nx-3.4.0-7.el6.ay.x86_64.rpm the session comes up and works fine,I can
exclude the updates but wondering if anyone has any idea of what I might
try to get it to work with the latest, thanks in advance.