[CentOS] OT: Sysadmin position

Giles Coochey giles at coochey.net
Wed Feb 29 11:47:51 UTC 2012

On 2012-02-28 19:04, Markus Falb wrote:
> On 28.2.2012 19:49, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Tony Placilla
>> <aplacilla-4GNroTWusrE at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have an opening for a full-time Systems Administrator.
>>>
>>> Please contact me off list for details
>>
>> Is this applicable for Indian Citizens who do have work visas as
>> yet?
>
> Not for whatever citizens who do not understand "contact me off list
> for
> details" I suppose ;-)

Maybe not, but it does illustrate that (whatever the list policy might
be), it's not too smart to just ask for a "Systems Administrator" - it
is a very broad field and you will want specific requirements and
technology exposure. Let alone georgraphic and political restrictions.
The OP could at least have put in a link to a reasonably details job
spec!

I didn't answer as I assumed they wouldn't be paying me enough if they
just thought they needed _a_ System Administrator.

Giles Coochey
+44 (0) 7983 877438
CCNAS, CCNA, CCENT
NetSecSpec Ltd