[CentOS] Building CentOS 6.2 custom install media

Fri Feb 3 17:10:53 UTC 2012
John Doe <jdmls at yahoo.com>

From: Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org>
> One important part of this project is a 'respin' of the install media
> - we need to add a handful of packages from external repositories, and
> maybe run a command late in the install.
> Are the scripts/configurations used to produce the CentOS official
> CD/DVDs available? I guess this would be our most reliable/sensible
> starting point.
> I am familiar with pungi, kickstart, anaconda, etc, so just a simple
> git link would be enough to get me started.

If you are familiar with kickstarts, you do not need anything else...
Just write your kickstart and add it to either a DVD or a USB key or ...

For the DVD, something like this used to work in the past:
mount CentOS-*-bin-DVD.iso /mnt/cdrom -t iso9660 -o loop
cp -a /mnt/cdrom /tmp/cdrom
cd /tmp/cdrom
cp ks.cfg .
edit isolinux/isolinux.cfg:
  default linux ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg
chmod u+w isolinux/*
cd /tmp
mkisofs -o dvd.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -R -J -v -T cdrom

JD