[CentOS] network intermitent, not sure if virtualization issue

Sat Feb 4 03:34:21 UTC 2012
Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>

Continuing in my venture to resolve the network issue on the virtual
machine on my centos 6 host machine.

The intermittent 'closing' off all network conditions can only be solved
by service network restart

My last thing I am going to try is to look at the different NIC devices
I can use in virtual machine manager.
The one i was using is the default I guess, virtio.

The other options are
e1000
ne3k_pci
rtl8130
hypervisor default

The e1000 has thousands of pages online about issues with centos, so
will try that last.
Gonna try hypervisor default.

Other than changing this option I can find no reason for the network
services to just go missing
with nothing in the logs...they just disappear from the net.