[CentOS] oops, or how to bring a datacenter router down with one setting

Fri Feb 10 15:53:45 UTC 2012
Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>

/  =================================
/>/  Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote/>/
/>/  Nothing at all to do with bonding. Not at all.
/>/  eth1 to br0 , eth0 to br0....that's all.
/>/  If that is possible, I see no reason for a bond at all.
/>/  I just want to make sure if an NIC fails, the other one is still working
/>/  while I am asleep and not a care in the world.
/
Bridging doesn't do that. You need bonding for this.

Regards,
    Dennis

That may be true, I am no expert at all, but I can find you literally
hundreds of how-tos out there all specifically adding two or more ethx
interfaces to the same bridge. hundreds.
So, I thought it would be safe to do.
But obviously it is dangerous or I messed up real well..lol

https://www.google.com/search?q=brctl+eth0+eth1+br0&btnG=Search&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&client=firefox-a&gbv=1&sei=-zs1T47wJJCd0gGctMSaAg

google search with a lot of the how-tos i was following.