[CentOS] Can I get rid of i86 packages and libraries on an x86_64 virtual server?

Sun Feb 12 16:06:28 UTC 2012
Jim Wildman <jim at rossberry.com>

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012, John J. Boyer wrote:

> The server is a vpn with only 20 GB of storage. I would like to  free up
> disk space. Even if I must keep some i86 stuff, I think I can get rid of
> the dev packages for it.

Yes, you can get rid of them as long as nothing depends on them.  One
easy way is to install rpmorphan.  Don't use it blindly, but if you have
a lot of extra packages, it helps to sort through them.

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE       jim at rossberry.com http://www.rossberry.net
Thomas Paine