[CentOS] Sound drop out with totem. mplayer Can't open audio device /dev/dsp

Sun Feb 12 17:03:03 UTC 2012
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

On 02/12/2012 05:07 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> Hey all.
>
> This morning I found that my audio playback is randomly sprinkled with
> sound skips and dropouts.  I went to /var/log/yum.log and found this:
>
> Feb 09 20:18:22 Updated: lame-3.99.4-2.el6.rf.i686
>
> I'm not saying that caused the problem but it's all I could find that
> changed.

lame-3.99.4-2.el6.rf.i686 is RepoForge package, and if he is the
culprit, you have to take it on their mailing list.

To test, run "yum downgrade lame", log out or better yet reboot (to be
safe it is unloaded), and see if that helps.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...