[CentOS] Dovecot problems

Mon Feb 13 17:02:45 UTC 2012
Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>

Never too late for information.

Here's the situation as it stands. The original server is a Centos 3
box, and the new server is a Centos 6 box. They are separate boxes and I
can move mail back and forth between the without losing any email  (so far).

I've got pop3 and imap logging in, but only retrieving pop email, etc.
on the new box. The INBOX points to where sendmail deposits it. My
config right now stands at:

mail_location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u
protocols = pop3 imap

By switching my test account from pop to imap, I can't get emails. I'm
not sure if the info in your link is pertinent yet. But now I'm
wondering if I need Namespaces configured.

Both pop and imap use the same INBOX (/var/spool/mail/%u) but imap
doesn't seem to honor the above "mail_location). So for now, I'm reading
a lot more trying to discover how things aren't working.

Thanks
steve