[CentOS] bug in repo affecting perl

Wed Feb 15 14:13:06 UTC 2012
Blake Hudson <blake at ispn.net>

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote the following on 2/14/2012 5:54 PM:

> yes it should be udpated.
> I was just pointing out that the i386 version you have installed must
> have come from extras, since your x86_64 system cannot see the i386
> versions available in the base+updates i386 repos that you showed in
> your original post. It seemed you were wondering why these versions were
> not being installed.

Yes I was a bit confused as to that point, although it was secondary to
my main concern. I did not realize that the x86_64 system could not see
the i386 repo. I figured that there being a plethora of both i386 and
x86_64 packages installed, the 64bit systems must be able to see both. I
see now how it's setup. Thanks.