[CentOS] question on unused directories in /usr/lib and /usr/lib64

Wed Feb 15 21:13:19 UTC 2012
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 02/15/12 1:00 PM, Craig Thompson wrote:
> Doing a "minimal" install pretty much gives you a system which no one can use.

Nowdays, I nearly always do a minimal install, then add the specific
packages I need...

on a recent C6 build for an archival file server, that consisted of...

|    yum -y install wget ftp xfsprogs xfsdump man man-pages parted unzip
pciutils \
         sysstat mailx vim openssh-clients ||vsftpd ||samba samba-client |

and half of that stuff wasn't absolutely required, was just there for my
convenience...