[CentOS] Please I'd like to install 2 websites on my un managed VPS on CentOS6

Thu Feb 23 22:17:44 UTC 2012
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 4:08 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> Windows uses hardware sloppily, and not that well. Linux, like all
> versions of Unix, uses much more of the hardware's capabilities. Try
> running Linux on the same hardware as Windows: my fiancee's 14-yr-old son
> is dual booting his T-60 laptop, and *he* sees the difference in speed
> (Linux being that much faster).

That doesn't really make any sense.  Things that use directx on
windows are typically slightly faster than openGL equivalents and
everything else should work at hardware/wire speeds.   A badly
maintained windows box might be more likely to have disk fragmentation
or malware, or it might have an intentionally-installed virus scanner
wasting time.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com