[CentOS] How to setup a computer using CentOS6 as a firewall for the whole network in my place?

Thu Feb 23 23:02:06 UTC 2012
Miguel Medalha <miguelmedalha at sapo.pt>

Why does it have to be CentOS? If you want a wonderful router/firewall
that you can have up and running in a few minutes, you should look at this:

www.pfsense.org

I quote from their website:

"pfSense is a free, open source customized distribution of FreeBSD
<http://www.freebsd.org> tailored for use as a firewall and router. In
addition to being a powerful, flexible firewalling and routing platform,
it includes a long list of related features and a package system
allowing further expandability without adding bloat and potential
security vulnerabilities to the base distribution."

If you insist in using Linux instead, you could look at this:

www.ipcop.org

Once again, a distro specialized on the function it performs.

Why have a generic and bloated system that you then have to customize
from scratch when such wonderful specialized projects already exist?

I use Linux servers and a pfsense firewall to protect the network. Works
like a charm, with amazing stability and reliability.