[CentOS] Pam problems

Fri Feb 24 02:29:54 UTC 2012
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com> wrote:

> > > The sendmail cf file was not copied, but most of the parms were
> > > duplicated in the sendmail.mc file and sendmail was rebuilt. No errors.
> > > Auth was never working properly since once I put dovecot on, saslauthd
> > > was scrambled. Unfortunately, I needed the pop and imap server before I
> > > found out auth was failing.
> >
> > If you are changing things, why not use cyrus instead of dovecot?

> If you're talking cyrus-sasl, then that's a consideration. If you're talking
> cyrus imap, I'd have to see what provides pop.
>
> I'm starting to see where all of my confusion is coming from.

Cyrus and dovecot are alternative imap/pop servers with incompatible
storage formats and program and configurations.   Cyrus is probably
more efficient with its own layout - dovecot uses more or less normal
mbox or maildirs.   Not sure how the saslauthd's relate - but it
sounds like your sendmail is configured for cyrus-sasl but dovecot
confuses it.

yum search cyrus     shows a bunch of components.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com