[CentOS] CentOS-announce Digest, Vol 84, Issue 14

Sat Feb 25 23:34:44 UTC 2012
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 02/25/2012 02:52 PM, Johan Vermeulen wrote:
> Maybe this came out wrong.
> What I meant is: I was told RHEL doesn't do major application upgrades in one version, so we would end op with Firefox 3.6.x in CentOs 6.x in a few years from now.
> Apparently this is not true.
> So now I,m wondering if a move to LO within CentOs 6 is imaginable.

CentOS releases what Red Hat releases as sources.

Red Hat released an update from Firefox 3.6 to Firefox 10 ... and CentOS
built and released the same update.

You can use Libre Office directly from libreoffice.org ... I do.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes