[CentOS] Shrew Soft VPN Client for CentOS 6

Sun Feb 26 05:38:51 UTC 2012
David G. Miller <dave at davenjudy.org>

Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at ...> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 4:30 PM, David G. Miller <dave at ...> wrote:
> >>
> > I ran tcpdump on my gateway's interface to the the 'net while running a
> > ping on
>
> Does the VPN create its own tun interface?  If so tcpdump should be
> able to see the decrypted packets entering and leaving there.

It gets a LAN address.  Whether it can work when bridged is a different
question.  On the FC16 box with the working VPN client, no packets actually hit
the tap0 device that has the LAN address.

Cheers,
Dave