[CentOS] Centos 6.x and Freenx issue..

Tue Feb 28 18:08:57 UTC 2012
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Finally got a chance to install Centos 6.x x86_64 version and having an
> issue with the latest version of freenx.  This is a desktop install on a
> esxi 5 with all updates and only thing I have installed is the latest
> vmware tools.  When I enable the extras repo and install the
> nx-3.5.0-1.el6.ay.x86_64.rpm and freenx-0.7.3-8.el6.ay.x86_64.rpm.  When I
> try to logon the desktop pops up but I get the little busy circle and it
> never completes, I am unable to close the session or do anything to the
> freenx window.  Here is the odd, part, if I install the earlier versions
> from toracat, freenx-0.7.3-7.el6.ay.x86_64.rpm and
> nx-3.4.0-7.el6.ay.x86_64.rpm the session comes up and works fine,I can
> exclude the updates but wondering if anyone has any idea of what I might
> try to get it to work with the latest, thanks in advance.

That is strange. The fact that the desktop appears suggests that it is
not really authentication-related issue. If anything, it might be
related to the update of nx from 3.4.x to 3.5.x because the latest
freenx update was nothing significant (better SELinux handling).

Do you see anything interesting in ~/.nx/ ? Or any other places (logs etc) ?

Akemi