[CentOS] Software RAID1 with CentOS-6.2

Wed Feb 29 06:43:42 UTC 2012
Kahlil Hodgson <kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au>

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 14:21 +1100, Kahlil Hodgson wrote:
> > I had a problem like this once.  In a heterogeneous array of 80 GB
> > PATA drives (it was a while ago), the one WD drive kept dropping out
> > like this.  WD's diagnostic tool showed a problem, so I RMA'ed the
> > drive...  only to discover the replacement did the same thing on the
> > system, but checked out just fine on a different system.  Turned out
> > to be a combination of a power supply with less-than-stellar
> > regulation (go Enermax...) and the WD was particularly sensitive to
> > it; nothing else in the system seemed to be affected  Replacing the
> > power supply finally eliminated the issue.
>
> Hmm ... that could be the problem.  Power supply is the only component
> that is not brand new.  Just swapped it out for a spare.  Will see how
> that goes over the next few hours.

Sadly still getting the same errors.  Will have another go at this
tomorrow.  Three more things to try
1. UBCD and Western Digital diagnostics.
2. Bring the RAID array up via the live cd and see if it resyncs.  At
least I'll be able to inspect the log files when the I/O errors hit.
3. Try using the 3Gb/s channel.

Will let everyone know how that goes.

Thanks for all you help!

Cheers!