[CentOS] sa-update error with perl

email builder

emailbuilder88 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 1 03:25:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

Running CentOS5 with SpamAssassin v3.3.1-2.el5 installed via yum

I remember getting this error a while ago, and it was fixed, but
now it's happening again:

Subroutine Net::DNS::Resolver::Base::AF_INET6 redefined at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/Exporter.pm line 65.
 at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/Net/DNS/Resolver/Base.pm
line 65

The results I get from Google regarding this are all circa
2008. The only hints I can find seem to suggest to remove
perl-IO-Socket-INET6, but trying to do so using yum (I don't
want to start using another method of package management)
tells me that spamassassin is a dependency and will also be
removed - obviously undesirable.

Perl is up to date on the machinge. Am I the only one seeing
this? What can I do to fix it?