[CentOS] turning off udev for eth0

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Tue Jan 3 19:57:49 UTC 2012

On Tue, January 3, 2012 11:58, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> On the physical box, how many NICs are there?

There are two physical NICs. Eth0 is the WAN, Eth1 is the
LAN.  The vm guests are supposed to only be accessible via
the WAN.  The prototype is configured with only one NIC
connected to the bridge device (vnet0 - bridge Br0).

Do physical attributes of the host override the configured
virtual attributes of a guest?

> Have you edited /etc/udev/rules.d in the prototype setup?

I had previously removed the contents of the
70-persistent-net.rules file on the prototype.   However,
I did not pay enough attention to the fact that this file
is rewritten upon startup.  So I was getting the eth0 i/f
added back into it every time I started the prototype to
perform updates.

If I remove the contents of this file just before shutting
down the prototype then the interface problem with cloning
disappears.

Thanks for the hint.

Regards,

Canada  L8E 3C3