[CentOS] vmware fusion display auto-size problem

Monty Shinn

monty.shinn.gm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 02:54:51 UTC 2012

Greetings.

I am running vmware fusion 4.1.1 on a OSX host.  Centos6.2 is a guest.
The box is a macbook laptop running leopard.

Before upgrading to 6.2, the display auto-resize (or auto-fill) was
working fine.  After 6.2, it has stopped working.

Centos is fully updated to 6.2.  I have tried to install the vmware
drivers from the repository (via yum), and yum reports I have the
latest.  Vmware reports I have the latest version of app and linux tools.

I have uninstalled and re-installed vmware tools to no avail.  During
the vmware tools install it returns a statement that it does not have
drivers for x.

Anybody else come across this?  Google and vmware sites either do not
have any info, or I am asking the wrong question.

This being my first foray into vmware, is it advisable not to run
updates until needed?  What is best practice in this config?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Monty