[CentOS] sa-update error with perl

email builder emailbuilder88 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 07:33:29 UTC 2012

John, THANK YOU very much for responding --

>>  The only hints I can find seem to suggest to remove
>>  perl-IO-Socket-INET6, but trying to do so using yum (I don't
>>  want to start using another method of package management)
>>  tells me that spamassassin is a dependency and will also be
>>  removed - obviously undesirable.
>
> If you really want to remove it, use rpm instead.
> rpm -e --nodeps perl-IO-Socket-INET6
> But it will annoy you at every update...

That was my fear...   I'm wondering why this crept up again,
since all my packages are completely up to date according
to yum.

> On my Zimbra server (CentOS 5.7), sa works fine.
> I have spamassassin-3.3.1-2.el5 and
> perl-IO-Socket-INET6-2.51-2.fc6 installed.

Same here.  Are you running sa-update?  SpamAssassin works
fine for me, but sa-update is giving this error every time it runs.

> Did you disable IPV6?

No - can you explain what you are implying?