[CentOS] CentOS 6 and screenshot of website

Jani Ollikainen

jani.ollikainen at mmd.net
Wed Jan 4 09:46:20 UTC 2012

Hi,

How one is supposed to do screenshots of a website with CentOS 6?

The usual and normal ways I know doing it is:
http://www.coderholic.com/pywebshot-generate-website-thumbnails-using-python/
https://github.com/AdamN/python-webkit2png/

But then from some reason RedHat doesn't support them:

gnome-python2-extras:
* Thu Jul 15 2010 Christopher Aillon <caillon at redhat.com> - 2.25.3-20
- Drop the -gtkmozembed subpackage

PyQt4:
* Tue Jun 01 2010 Than Ngo <than at redhat.com> - 4.6.2-8
- Resolves: bz#597271, drop WebKit support in Qt

Why-o-why? Any good ideas of going it differently?

Noticed that one can take gnome-python2-extras source and add
following lines based on el5 package .spec:

%package -n gnome-python2-gtkmozembed
Group: Development/Languages
Requires: gecko-libs >= %{gecko_version}

%description -n gnome-python2-gtkmozembed
This module contains a wrapper that allows the use of gtkmozembed
via Python.

%files -n gnome-python2-gtkmozembed
%defattr(-,root,root,-)
%{python_sitearch}/gtk-2.0/gtkmozembed.so
%{_datadir}/gtk-doc/html/pygtkmozembed

And get a package which seems to work, but still makes me wonder
why have they removed the support work both of those techniques
and which would be the way to archive that without need of
compile own packages.