[CentOS] Centos 6.X compatible to ORACLE DB verssion????

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Wed Jan 4 15:53:16 UTC 2012

On 01/04/2012 04:29 AM, Christopher J. Buckley wrote:
> 2012/1/4 An Yang <an.euroford at gmail.com>
>
>> Somebody in Oracle told me, they need one year to test, I'm not sure,
>> it's true or not.
>>
> That's about right. The testing isn't done by Oracle btw, it's done by the
> end vendor.

The "end vendor" submitted the information to Oracle months ago:

http://www.redhat.com/about/news/blog/Red-Hat-Submits-Oracle-11gR2-on-Red-Hat-Enterprise-Linux-6-Certification-Test-Results-to-Oracle

Oracle does not want to support ASMLib on any kernel other than OEL (or
UBL if you prefer):

https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhelv6-list/2011-December/msg00032.html

The bottom line is that Oracle IS going to try to drive people to their
version of Linux and off RHEL.

But I know, I am just be paranoid or some other such thing.  Right
Christopher?