[CentOS] probleme with my wifi card on centos 6

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Wed Jan 4 16:22:08 UTC 2012

On 01/04/2012 02:58 AM, fakessh wrote:
> Le 2012-01-04 01:48, Ljubomir Ljubojevic a écrit :
>> On 01/03/2012 10:14 PM, fakessh wrote:
>>> So I think do a post on the bugtracker of elrepo to ask
>>> the creation of a new kmod-*
>>>
>>> So I tried to compile the driver provided
>>> in [1]
>>>
>>> module appears to load properly
>> When you run lspci -v, it shows something like:
>>
>> 	Kernel driver in use: rtl8185
>> 	Kernel modules: rtl8185
>>
>> ???
>
> lspci -v does not send me what I want
>
> this my output
> root at localhost swilting]# lspci -v | egrep Kernel
> Kernel driver in use: nForce2_smbus
> Kernel modules: i2c-nforce2
> Kernel driver in use: ohci_hcd
> Kernel driver in use: ehci_hcd
> Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
> Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel
> Kernel driver in use: forcedeth
> Kernel modules: forcedeth
> Kernel driver in use: sata_nv
> Kernel modules: sata_nv
> Kernel driver in use: sata_nv
> Kernel modules: sata_nv
> Kernel driver in use: nouveau
> Kernel modules: nouveau, nvidiafb
> Kernel driver in use: k10temp
> Kernel modules: k10temp
> Kernel modules: r8185b
>
> Kernel driver in use: is missing
>
> 01:06.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8185
> IEEE 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 20)
> 	Subsystem: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8185 IEEE 802.11a/b/g
> Wireless LAN Controller
> 	Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 16
> 	I/O ports at bc00 [size=256]
> 	Memory at fde00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
> 	Kernel modules: r8185b
>

>>> Still I have failed to create the wireless interface
>>> despite my attempts with the file ifcfg-wlan0  tape provided I
>>> to try to load ifup the interface without success
>>
>> Why do you manually edit that file? Have you tried if NetworkManager
>> or
>> "system-config-network-tui" command (package has the same name) see
>> the
>> interface?
>
> I am completely lost and I do not know how
>
> please help me

Somebody else should step in. I never had similar problem before. My
NIC/wireless just works with stock kernel drivers.

What I can tell you is to (re)move manually made "ifcfg-*" file and run
"yum install system-config-network-tui" and then run command
"system-config-network-tui" as root. In "Device configuration" there
should be
option to set up some kind of wireless NIC (name does not have to be wlan).

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...