[CentOS] local repositories

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Jan 4 16:33:30 UTC 2012

John Hodrien wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jan 2012, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
<snip>
>> My manager added a 6.2 repo; however, when I try doing pxeboot
installs, it fails, asserting that it can't find the group info.
Another admin I work <snip>
>> What is not clear to me is when we run createrepo, what directory you
need to be in at the time you execute it.

> I would expect the createrepo to be done from the DVD root path, but I
could be wrong on that point.
<snip>
> Why are you doing a createrepo there at all?  If you're adding your own
packages to the base, why not have it as a separate repo?

You seem to have misunderstood.
.../CentOS/base/6.0
.../CentOS/base/6.2
rsync'd 6.2 from mirror to the latter. Now, are you saying to cd to
.../CentOS/base/6.2/ and run createrepo ....?

        mark