[CentOS] New Tutorial - RHCS + DRBD + KVM; 2-Node HA on EL6

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 16:52:17 UTC 2012

On 01/03/2012 10:29 AM, Digimer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I'm happy to announce a new tutorial!
>
> https://alteeve.com/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial

Hello Digimer,

Thanks for sharing this.  I might try it in a couple of months as I'm
not ready yet (need to grasp some concepts/technologies first).  I also
haven't used KVM but I have some experience with VMware (vSphere Clusters).

For vSphere clusters you need a shared storage system:  ideally (in
preference order) you'll be using a  FC SAN, iSCSI SAN or a NAS (serving
NFS).  I'm interested in the DRBD part here.  Did you use it because you
didn't have access to a shared storage system? or is it a requirement
for a particular functionality you wanted?  Have you done it before with
a shared system? Any considerable performance difference (DRBD vs
shared-storage)?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Jorge