[CentOS] ASP running on a Linux Machine

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Thu Jan 5 00:03:21 UTC 2012

On 1/4/2012 12:30 AM, Jonathan Vomacka wrote:

> this wasn't possible without a program like ChiliASP,

...which is now dead, apparently.

> noow I heard
> rumor that apache might have a plugin to allow it to read ASP.

Rumor, really?  I don't think open source works like that.  We're not
talking about an Apple product. :)

You may have heard about Apache::ASP (apache-asp.org).  Once installed,
it allows Apache to work like IIS with classic ASP.

There is one key difference, however: it's based on Perl, rather than
VBScript.  You will have to rewrite all your code to make use of it.

I wouldn't say that's the biggest problem with Apache::ASP, though.
Being forced to rewrite VBScript in Perl is more of a feature than a
problem, in my oh-so-humble opinion.  :)  The real problem with
Apache::ASP is that it's semi-abandonware.  The web pages are still up,
the software still works, but it hasn't gotten a new feature in years,
and even bug fixes are few and far between.