[CentOS] c6, LSI megaraid drive failure notification

Craig White craig.white at ttiltd.com
Thu Jan 5 15:14:15 UTC 2012

On Jan 4, 2012, at 7:08 PM, John R Pierce wrote:

>> ----
>> don't know how to do it on CentOS but on Ubuntu, I use megaclisas-status package which goes hand in hand with megacli and it sends notifications.
>>
>> If you want, I can e-mail you the megaclisas-status script from /usr/sbin and beyond that, there's a sysv initscript that periodically checks and sends an e-mail. Simple enough.
>

> not having much  luck locating that megaclisas-status script
>
> http://hwraid.le-vert.net/wiki/LSIMegaRAIDSAS talks about it, but the
> source is nowhere to be found
----
It seems to me that the megaclisas-statusd is basically 2 script files, 1 in /usr/sbin and the other a sysv initscript and should be easily modifiable to run on CentOS instead of Debian/Ubuntu with the requirement that you would need to have megacli installed/running. I agree that I couldn't find any rpm's of the same.

Craig