[CentOS] A simplistic parental-control setup

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Thu Jan 5 16:24:04 UTC 2012

On 01/05/2012 05:11 PM, wwp wrote:
> Hello John,
>

> On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 08:00:29 -0800 (PST) John Doe<jdmls at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>
>> From: Marko Vojinovic<vvmarko at gmail.com>
>>
>>> Shouldn't there be a firefox plugin, or something similar, that would take
>>> care of all this? I cannot believe that "parental control software" is
>>> something so uncommon... :-)
>>
>> Try to google "firefox parental control" and click on the first result...  ^_^
>
> This assertion is not reliable, unless you did it intentionally? Results
> brought by googles are not the same here and there..

then open Add-on in Firefox and search for "parental control". You will
get 9 options to choose from.

If you run CentOS on Desktop system, use Firefox 9.0.1 from Remi's
repository. It is several times faster then 3.x versions, even 30%
faster then 8.0.

I initially wrote all mentioned options but deleted them since you asked
for solution for entire system. What is kid uses Konqueror? you then
have to uninstall all other browsers.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)