[CentOS] c6, LSI megaraid drive failure notification

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Jan 5 23:52:41 UTC 2012

On 01/05/12 3:23 PM, Craig White wrote:
> maybe it's the RAID controller you are using that isn't compatible with megacli or the version of megacli that you are using...

brand new 9261-8i SAS2 controller definitely works 100% with the latest
MegaCLI64 I got from LSI Logic (installed from an RPM)....   from what
I'm gathering, megacli the program simply passes the command line to the
card's firmware, which does all the processing and output generation,
and this output format is human readable, resulting in parsing
nightmares when it changes.

# rpm -qf /opt/MegaRAID/MegaCli/MegaCli64
MegaCli-8.02.16-1.i386

# /opt/MegaRAID/MegaCli/MegaCli64 showsummary a0

System
         Operating System:  Linux version 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64
         Driver Version: 00.00.05.40-rh2
         CLI Version: 8.02.16

Hardware
         Controller
                  ProductName       : LSI MegaRAID SAS 9261-8i(Bus 0, Dev 0)
                  SAS Address       : 500605b0032943d0
                  FW Package Version: 12.12.0-0046
                  Status            : Optimal
(300 more lines of drives and stuff deleted)

anyways, I think I should take this discussion off this CentOS mail
list, as its really not CentOS specific, its an LSI Logic generic
problem.  I've got enough info now to figure out how to do my own
parser, I believe I'll use that ShowSummary command rather than the
LDInfo/PDInfo commands used by the other scripts.