[CentOS] monitoring space in directories

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:49:33 UTC 2012

BTW, in a pinch since I'm already using Munin what I'm going to do is this :

- write a cronjob that fires maybe 2 to 4 times a day and does a "du -s" of
directories I'm interested in , and stores the sizes in a file
- write a simple munin plugin that reads the file (and munin will do the
graphing for me)

Munin fires every 5 minutes so it will be a bit of waste since my cronjob
will only fire a few times a day, but the weekly and monthly munin graphs
will tell me what I want to know.