[CentOS] Advice sought: Virtual Win7 on Centos 6.2

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Fri Jan 6 22:28:06 UTC 2012

On 01/06/2012 05:17 PM, david wrote:
> Folks
>
> I have a new laptop running Centos 6.2 64-bit.  I'd like to put a
> virtual machine running Windows 7 (licensed), with full audio/video
> functions, and good response.  Which virtual system would you
> recommend?  I can think of KVM, or VirtualBox, or ...?
>
> The "good response" requirement pretty much excludes a web-style
> video presentation.
>
> Opinions solicited.
>
> David Kurn

I have great performance with KVM running windows guests using the
virtio storage drivers. Below is how I do it (on clusters, normally, but
should be easy to adapt for a single-machine host):

https://alteeve.com/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial#Provisioning_vm0004-ms

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"omg my singularity battery is dead again.
stupid hawking radiation." - epitron