[CentOS] SELinux and access across 'similar types'

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Sat Jan 7 13:25:19 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 04:43:31AM -0800, Bennett Haselton wrote:

> Virtually every hosting company I've ever bought a CentOS server from
> has had SELinux turned off by default.  (So, a partial list would
> include FDCServers, Superb.net, SiteGenie, SecuredServers (ho, ho),
> AeroVPS (sells dedicated servers despite their name), Netelligent,
> ServerBeach and I don't remember all the others).  Don't hold me to that
> list 100% since some might have changed their policies for new servers
> but it's pretty universal.

Then these companies should be universally boycotted as it's pretty
evident that they don't place security at the top of the importance
stack.

People that don't run selinux deserve _everything_ they get and then
some.

By the way, please learn how to properly respond to a public mailing
list by trimming unnecessary response content.

http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16

							John
--
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical,
liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

-- Unknown