[CentOS] SELinux and access across 'similar types'

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Sun Jan 8 02:25:00 UTC 2012

On 01/06/2012 01:36 AM, Bennett Haselton wrote:
> So I still don't know: after creating /.autorelabel (and verifying that
> it's there), and rebooting the system (and then verifying that the
> /.autorelabel file has been deleted, which is supposed to mean the
> auto-relabel actually happened), why am I still seeing the file type
> listed as file_t?

Either SELinux is disabled or your filesystem doesn't support extended
attributes.

Check /proc/cmdline to see if the kernel was instructed to disable
SELinux, and check /etc/sysconfig/selinux.

Check /proc/mounts to see what filesystem type your system is using.
Use "tune2fs -l" to see if an ext3/4 filesystem has the "user_xattr" option.