[CentOS] LUKS full disk Encryption question

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sun Jan 8 13:29:30 UTC 2012

On 01/08/2012 02:13 PM, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> On 01/07/2012 06:40 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> What will be the performance impact on my Celeron 1.73 GHz CPU and/or
>> hdd speed?
>
> To further add to what has been said, check if your particular CPU
> supports the AES-NI instruction set which should provide some
> performance boost:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AES_instruction_set
>
> Of course, that is, if you choose to use the AES cipher (the default).

My laptop is 3-4 years old, no AES addon in it. And I can see only high
end CPU's have them, so I will not be buying one sore several years (I
also use laptop in the field, grain silos, etc so I will not buy
anything that is expensive).

But thanks for the info, to all of you of course.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...