[CentOS] SELinux and access across 'similar types'

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sun Jan 8 15:28:30 UTC 2012

On 01/08/2012 03:15 PM, Bennett Haselton wrote:
> It's a file created by one of my CGI scripts.  (The web server is
> accessed by several hostnames which are dynamically assigned to it, and
> I need a quick way of determining all hostnames that were recently used
> to access the server.  So when someone accesses the server using
> HOSTNAME, the file /tmp/hostname_<hostname>  is created.  Then another
> script just pulls the names of all of those files in order to find all
> recently used hostnames.)
>> My suggestion:
>>
>> stop apache
>> run relabeling again (if file continues to exists)
>> start apache
>> check
>
> Well when I was doing the relabeling I was doing:
> # touch /.autorelabel
> # reboot
>
> So when I'm rebooting apache stops and starts anyway, doesn't it?
> Doesn't the auto-relabel occur before other services are started up?  So
> I'm not sure what I would actually do differently to follow this
> suggestion...

Ah, you are write, sorry. Well you might need to apply proper (httpd_)
SELinux label for that file. At the time of creation? \
Maybe move it to another location where it will get automatic label for
what you want?

I am no SELinux expert, so I might be rambling.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...