[CentOS] USB install annoyances

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Jan 9 21:13:57 UTC 2012

John R Pierce wrote:
> On 01/09/12 12:31 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Again, I*HATE*  dnsorbs.... This was bounced, which makes twice today.
>> <snip>  more text, add a few more words, we'll see if this makes it.
>
> your email is being relayed through 66.147.249.253
> (oproxy4-pub.bluehost.com) which appears on several spam lists, for
> instance, sorbs says 100s of spams have been sent from that host in the
> past interval.
>
> you want to use a spammer-friendly service as your mail server, expect
> to be treated as a spammer and blocked by admins tired of the deluge..

Let's go through this again - we did it months ago. My site is hosted by
hostmonster, which also operates as bluehost. They are a *large* provider,
with hundreds of thousands of domains, and the email from all of them go
through their (few) email servers. Therefore, when 100 or so of them
running WinBlows get their hosts infected, and they send out spam, and the
hosting provider hasn't caught them yet, hundreds of thousands of the rest
of us get hit with the same block.

Who here is *not* using a work email? Who here posts from their own
hosting site? Has this ever happened to you?

        mark