[CentOS] USB install annoyances

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Mon Jan 9 21:54:33 UTC 2012

On 01/09/2012 10:43 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> On 01/09/2012 10:13 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> <snip>
>>> Who here is *not* using a work email? Who here posts from their own
>>> hosting site? Has this ever happened to you?
>>
>> I own my own domain/server/subnet. My WISP customers can only send mail
>> via my server, with all the prevention's I could think of. I have never
>> been hit with this (but I do have small customer base), but I have had
>> regular domains (like one local Bank!!!) blocked to deliver to my server
>> because they do not have proper FQDN.
>
> As I noted in another email, I don't have a commercial site. Buying a
> static IP from Verizon, to run a server from home, is a *lot* more
> expensive than just a 'Net connection and an inexpensive hosting provider.

It is OK. You asked who, and I answered, that is all. If I was not on
the semi-reliable 150Km Wireless link, I would be able to provide
quality service.

Believe it or not, I am one of the *very* *very* rare hosting providers
in Serbia (local mostly) that provide SSL POP3/SMTP connection via port
995 and 465. There is maybe one or two providers on 7 million citizens.

And yes, I forgot to write about reverse DNS, I have that too.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...