[CentOS] USB install annoyances (not OT)

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Tue Jan 10 16:43:25 UTC 2012

I've retried again, and it still fails. I see that it's mounted /dev/sda2,
which is where I've got the contents of a DVD, as /mnt/isolinux. The
contents of that are:
ls -a
.                GPL                            TRANS.TBL
..               Packages                       images
.discinfo        RELEASE-NOTES-en-US.html       isolinux
.treeinfo        RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-6           lost+found
CentOS_BuildTag  RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-Debug-6     repodata
EFI              RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-Security-6
EULA             RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-Testing-6

I've tried mounting /dev/sda2 on a new mountpoint, and both ln -s isolinux
and images to /mnt/isolinux, and neither was accepted. Does anyone have
any idea at all what the thing is looking for?

       mark