[CentOS] centos6.2, parted and alignment

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Jan 10 17:06:53 UTC 2012

On Monday, January 09, 2012 02:03:23 PM John R Pierce wrote:
> Is there another tool I can use for GPT partitions over 2TB ?

Hmm, I have an EL6.2 installation (i386) with four mounted volumes over 2TB; IIRC parted was used to make them.  I don't recall doing anything special to get the partitions aligned, either.  That doesn't mean I didn't do anything; I just don't recall doing anything..... :-)

There is gdisk, though, if you want to go that route, but I haven't tried it with >2TB LUN's.

The EPEL repo for 6 has gdisk.