[CentOS] USB install annoyances

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jan 10 19:43:41 UTC 2012

Darr247 wrote:
>> But this thread's gotten way OT: *does* anyone have any
>> idea what the .img file is that the running o/s from install.img
>> is looking for, after the partitioning, when it's ready to install?
>
> Possibly, but without the info I previously requested, I won't be
> trying to reproduce the problem.
>
> e.g.
> the source file[s] and command[s] used to make your bootable USB stick.

I started by listing that:
1. I have a partitioned USB stick, 8G, with a 10M FAT32 partition, and the
rest as ext3.
2. Rsync'd isolinux to the FAT partition, renamed isolinux.cfg to
syslinux.cfg
3. syslinux to the USB
4. mounted DVD.iso, and rsync'd all of that to the ext3 partition.
5. mounted the second DVD, and rsync'd Packages/* to the Packages
directory already there, and so have a 1 DVD, effectively, on the USB.

But the question is what image# 1 that it's looking for? It's not trying
to look on the USB for an .iso, is it?

        mark