[CentOS] centos6.2, parted and alignment

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Jan 10 19:56:52 UTC 2012

On 01/10/12 9:39 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Having the X libs installed so you can run a gui program with a remote
> display doesn't bother a server much.  And it's sometimes handy to be
> able to run wireshark like that if you need to peek at a few packets
> in real time.

painfully slow over a remote link.   if I need to sniff traffic, I'll
use tcpdump.   if I need fancier analysis, I'll tcpdump it to a file,
and scp the file to my local system and analyze it with wireshark.

also, I'm documenting a procedure for operations that I'm trying to
automate and simplify as much as possible...    And, having to explain
how to setup a remote X session, then how to do something with
pointy-clicky would be painful, a one line command replaced with pages
of screenshots?  ugh.