[CentOS] USB install annoyances (not OT)[SOLVED]

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Tue Jan 10 21:31:48 UTC 2012

Yet another denial - it's as though it's also blocking me based on the
relationship of included text vs. new text.

blah, blah, blah. Let's see if this is enough new text to get through.

Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane wrote:
>> Behalf Of m.roth at 5-cent.us
<snip>
/dev/sda2, which is where I've got the contents of a DVD, as
>> /mnt/isolinux.
>> >
>> > Unless you specifically need the DVD contents, maybe try with the
ISOs instead...
<snip>
>   And when you  get towards package selection, anaconda fails indicating
> ' that it can't find "image# 1".'
>
> The "image# 1" it is looking for is the .iso which could have been burnt
to a DVD for doing the install, i.e., not something from the images
directory from THAT iso.
<snip>
Thank you, Todd, that was the answer. So, in RHEL 6, they're protecting us
against ourselves (we might not have copied everything). So with the FAT32
partition as it was, I then deleted everything on the second partition,
and copied both DVDs onto it... and it's installing even as we speak.

I suppose I need to submit a revised "how to build a USB key" for CentOS 6.

       mark