[CentOS] Clustering solutions - mail, www, storage.

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Tue Jan 10 21:32:51 UTC 2012

On 01/10/2012 02:59 PM, Rafał Radecki wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I am currently working for a hosting provider in a 100+ linux hosts'
> environment. We have www, mail HA solutions, as storage we mainly use
> NFS at the moment. We are also using DRBD, Heartbeat, Corosync.
>
> I am now gathering info to make a cluster with:
> - two virtualization nodes (active master and passive slave);
> - two storage nodes (for vm files) used by mentioned virtualization
> nodes (also active/passive).
>
> For virtualization I am thinking to use OpenVZ or KVM. For storage NFS
> or iSCSI. Could you please share your experiences with these
> technologies? Which one would you use and why? Are there any good
> alternatives in CentOS?
>
> Thanks for the info,
> Rafal.

If you plan to use DRBD, do you really need external SAN? If not, this
might be good;

https://alteeve.com/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"omg my singularity battery is dead again.
stupid hawking radiation." - epitron