[CentOS] Centos 6.2 Postfix - forward through SMTP smarthost with SMTP-AUTH

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Jan 11 09:09:32 UTC 2012

On 01/11/12 12:50 AM, Giles Coochey wrote:
> I don't really have the enerygy to do that, thanks anyway. I'll
> uninstall postfix and use sendmail. Just thought maybe there was a
> quick way to keep the default MTA on the system.

the first google hit on 'postfix smarthost' says to change/add the line

     relayhost = your.server.com

to the main.cf file, and restart postfix...    seems simple enough.

this is the 2nd or third hit, it expounds on that and shows how to setup
SASL authentication with the smarthost...
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/postfix-smtp-authentication-for-mail-servers/