[CentOS] EPEL not working ... is it just me?

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 14:35:31 UTC 2012


This is very strange - has been happening the last few days.   I just
upgraded this system from 5.3 to 5.7 on Monday and the problem started some
time after that (but not immediately because I know I used yum Monday
evening after the upgrade)

I get the following error from yum, but it goes away if I --disablerepo=epel

The funny thing is that the listed xml file I can easily wget from this
system.

Also having the issue with other 5.7 systems that were upgraded from 5.3
several weeks ago and had been working fine since.

I did some googling and found some things to try like "yum clean all" and I
even deleted the rpm database based on advice from one site, and then
rebuilt it from scratch.  But nothing.


[root at solexa-db varlog]# yum -y install hddtemp
Loaded plugins: downloadonly, rhnplugin, security
http://fedora.mirror.nexicom.net/epel/5/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno
4] IOError: <urlopen error (111, 'Connection refused')>
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
epel. Please verify its path and try again


-- 
“Don't eat anything you've ever seen advertised on TV”
         - Michael Pollan, author of "In Defense of Food"



More information about the CentOS mailing list